Tuesday, February 14, 2006

V-day musings

Happy Valentines Day blah blah blah. Not to seem like one of the typical v-day cynics, I just get bored with it quickly. There is hope for couples though. In fact, I hope all of my friends who are in relationships have these staggeringly beautiful moments of nervous butterfly twitches and unexplainable contentness. There is something wonderful about seeing that in others, and it almost makes up for the fact that I can't say that.

So it's been a few days since I updated...We played an amazing show over the weekend at Club Clearview in Deep Ellum. We played with 2 fantastic bands, What Made Milwaukee Famous and the Valentines. The energy was high and addictive. There is nothing like seeing people dance at your show to make you feel like you own the place. Sam from the Dallas Observer was front and center and exclaimed that if we keep this up, he will get behind us in a big way. There were friends from the past and new friends met and free beer and ........

Utter chaos.

While waiting outside for directions to the Valentine's afterparty, we witnessed a fight/shooting at an intersection in Deep Ellum - right on Elm St. We ran inside as soon as the shots were heard, and as far as I know, no one was actually killed. It kinda freaked everyone out, so I just went home. I just hope the morons who started it got plenty of jail time for that. Things like that drive me to never come to Deep Ellum anymore, and obviously I'm not the only one. Wake up Dallas. Wake up Deep Ellum club owners.

I will post show pics later....

Upcoming shows:
Voxtrot/Happy Bullets - the Cavern - Friday
Nada Surf/Rogue Wave - Gypsy Tea Room - Friday

and dont miss...

Pilotdrift/Supergrass - Gypsy Tea Room - Saturday

I'm listening to the new Clearlake CD - Amber. Mixed opinions so far...the production quality is 10 times better than their last CD....there are way too many straight forward rockers on here for a band as smart as these guys.....some of these rockers are pretty damn good though....I miss the more mellow, pensive songs....

Be sure to check out:
Smallwire

2 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there Matt! Cat sent me the link for your blog, so I thought I'd check it out. Congrats on the good show w/ the Valentines and WMMF. Cat told me about the shooting - scary! We get shootings like that in Buckhead, too. Have a good day!
Bonnie

 
At 7:51 AM, Blogger Airbag1 said...

hey bonnie - thanks for the comment! drop me a line if you get a chance...

matt_moffitt@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home