Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Putting on a beatdown....


Well, I'm sitting at home tonight, lounging around. It was supposed to be a great night of catching the Stars playing the Thrashers and the Mavs taking on the Rockets, and both getting wins right? Only one team actually pulled through for me (see above....I only post winners....are you listening Dave Tippett?....j/k Tip...much love.....but grow your damn mustache out again...you're a damn hockey coach.....damn.). The Stars lost to Atlanta for the first time ever. But Atlanta's got a great lil hockey team. I like them a lot; they've got spunk and skill. An Atlanta/Dallas Stanley Cup final would rock my world. While we're on hockey, let me do some mid-season predictions....

East: The East is a beast this year. There might be a couple of good teams that don't make it in. Watch for Tampa Bay to make a run at the Southeast Division, while Montreal, Toronto, and New Jersey scramble for playoff spots.

Ottawa will take out Philadelphia in 6 and Buffalo (this year's 2004 Calgary, 2003 Anaheim, etc) will knock out a heartbroken Carolina in 7.

Eastern Conference Championship: Ottawa vs Buffalo

West: Detroit wont run away with the Central, but still win it solidly in front of Nashville, who will make their 2nd playoff appearance behind the incredible netminding of Vokoun. The Northwest division is similar to the Northeast division - good teams all the way through - anything can happen. It depends on who makes the better move/trade...Colorado or Vancouver (look for big changes soon), despite the fact that 4 teams in that division could make the playoffs. The Stars will have to fight off the pesky Kings to win the Pacific, but they have 2 games in hand already and face the Kings like 27 more times (don't get me started on the new NHL schedule). I see the Sharks fighting for a playoff spot also.

Preds reach the 2nd round, but get ambushed by Detroit in 5 while LA pushes Dallas to 7 before the Stars put the Kings to rest.

Western Conference Championship: Dallas vs Detroit

This is one of the best chances for me to see my dream matchup - Dallas vs Ottawa in the finals. Of course I'm a bit biased here, but I think whoever wins the Dallas/Detroit regular season series wins the West and I think Ottawa's speed and skill can probably beat either Dallas or Detroit, but ......hey......I have to do this.....

2006 Stanley Cup Champs - Dallas Stars!!!

NBA predictions soon. But I sure like what Chris over at Gorilla vs Bear predicts (scroll down to Friday Jan 13 entry until I can figure out a hyperlink to the spot).

Earlier today I heard the new Midlake song, Roscoe (which you can also pick up at GVB). Pretty amazing stuff these guys put out. I absolutely can't wait for Van Occupanther.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Airbag1 said...

Actually man, you gave it to me for my birthday in 2001! I love it because it's challenging and it takes like 2 months to read 5 pages and actually comprehend what is being said.....it's great. thanks for the comment CB!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home